It is the day after the 2012 Election and I am filled with so much negative energy and thoughts. I just have to get them out. This seems like the least harmful way. Just got to put it all out there and let it go.
This election has really polarized a country and no good can come of that. Each side cannot see the others side point of view. We have lost empathy. The ability to put ourselves in others shoes for a moment. That is a shame.
I tried very hard this season not to just spout "party" lines and dribble. Make board statements. I actually voted for more then one party. I voted on the issues important to me. This year that issue was the economy. If I voted for a straight party or ticket I would had gone straight Libertarian.
I heard so many people though just regurgitate something they heard from a bias source and as much as it hurt even though I know what they were saying was misguided or twisted out of context I bit my tongue. Have some regrets about that. I think it was a pick your battle decision. It felt that it someone was ..oh how can I say this nicely..uneducated enough and I don't mean what level of schooling but that self educating I think we all should do..any ways if they were simple enough just to believe what they heard for fact with out putting some thought into, take into consideration the source or the content they would not be a person you could have an intelligent rational discuss with. That is not to say if you don't agree with what I say you are not intelligent or uneducated. I love the fact we can have different point a views, I love intelligent conversation where two people can disagreed without arguing. Just explain to me why you believe what you believe, give me facts and data, not broad statements. In turn listen to why I believe what I believe. Listen to my facts. Maybe we will meet in the middle.
Oh Facebook. I admit I just wanted to smack some people there.
1st the Board Blanket Statement makers- be it they were on "my side" or not. When you spout nonsense it comes out as nonsense. Realise you are a reflection of what you represent. Case in point. Okay this didn't come off of Facebook rather my 10 year old experience at school. "My friend told me that Obama is against Catholics". I am not pro-Obama and definitely not pro-Catholicism but I cannot stand behind this. You put out nonsense like that you come off as ridiculous. How about the facts. The Catholic Church does not believe in birth control or abortion. Obama wants to force the Catholic Church and many other businesses who provide health care to their employers to provide coverage for both of those even though it goes against their core beliefs. I believe that no business or organization should have that force upon them. Which to some makes me anti-abortions and anti-woman, REALLY??
That just brings me to the 2nd group. The Fearful. They believe and truly believe the Fear talk. The Republicans are anti-woman and Roe vs Wade will be overturned. I think I want to smack them the most. The 1st group are just idiots and will always be idiots. This 2nd group may have the capacity to make a decision of their own if they gave themselves a chance to think on their own. Yes there are some Republicans who are anti-abortion, yes and I am sure some Democrats are too. So what? Roe vs Wade is going no where. Maybe you work for a business who has certain core values and beliefs and they may not want to pay for your abortion that does not stem from a health of the mother issue. Why should they? That does not mean you cannot get one. Those are two different things. Do not confuse them SMACK SMACK!! You are making women look bad. You have a brain USE IT. SMACK SMACK. There is not a rule that says if you are a woman you must vote Democrat or vote for a woman. Liz Warren enough said on that.
I understand that some people equate Gay Rights to the Democrats. I can understand that. It is ridiculous that in this day and age a same sex couple who have made a commit to one another cannot have the same rights as another couple who have taken a vow to each other. As I said before I am a Libertarian and therefore I think that this is a fight that needs to be made on a state level. And if it were to be fought on a state level you will see great results. In this I have great faith in my fellow man. Great news in Maine this year. If this issue is near and dear to you I understand but does that mean you do not look at any other issues? On a federal level how are you effected by the economy? How about education? Though again I think education should be on a state level. National defense? Overseas relations? China? If Gay Marriage or the recognition of civil unions were already laws in your state, what would matter to you?
Labels. Libel, Conservative. I shocked a friend this week when I said I leaned conservative and she shocked me when she thought seeing how I was brought up I would not be. How I was brought up? I was brought up to think for myself. Make rational decisions. Work hard. Be kind to those around me. Give back when I can and not take what is not due to me. I was taught to vote. Didn't have pot smoking, hippy parents living on welfare stamps. Okay that is a broad generalization of how I think a liberal would had been brought up. Actually I think they would had parents that though educated i.e. master degrees and doctrines would lack common sense and sit around the dinner table discussing what Utopia should look like. Again I am painting with board strokes. Shame on me. But that is examples how we pigeon hole people. Maybe we need to stop with the labels and the parties lines.
I voted for Mitt not because he was Republican but because he was a businessman first. If anyone could balance this budget he would have the best chance. Is he a total flip flopper, let me check which way the wind is blowing kind of guy? Yes. Does he know money? Yes. Which is more important to me this election? His integrity? or money skills? Politician with Ingretity? is that an oxymoron? Sorry Ron Paul I did love you. Yep went with Money Skills! Rational thought process.
I believe me and my husband are going to be okay. Not great but okay. I do not think our jobs are in jeopardy in the next four years. I do wonder about the future of my children and I feel for the people around me without jobs and those who are in jeopardy of losing their jobs in the next four years.
Four years ago my work place had so many employees that we had to desk share. Today though the company is growing I am surrounded by empty desks. Those empty desk where not caused by layoffs but rather the ebb and flow of people finding what they want or do not want in a job or career. We are a growing company why are those workers not being replaced? My company along with many other companies are finding other resources and ways. Our work hours have increased (don't feel bad we are still under a 40 hour work week), technology has been update. I know that health care reform has impacted my company. Having to cover dependents until they are 26 even if they have a full-time job and can get their own benefits. That is crazy. It is more cost effective to work with the resources they have. Those types are decisions that are made because of government mandates effect our economy. Our nation has one of the highest tax rate for corporations. How does that encourage growth here on U.S. soil? It doesn't. Where is the common sense?
I don't think those in charge at this time are using common sense or are making decision for the greater good of the people. Let me use one example. Cash for Clunkers. Remember that one? I work in the insurance industry so I had some first hand experience with that one. People would call in to let us know they traded in their older vehicle, most of the time something they only had liability on. They would be shocked when they were told their new premium for their new vehicle. People who were struggle to make ends meet and probably had no business getting a new vehicle got pulled into the Cash for Clunker excitement. Gee does this sound a bit familiar, let's say in the housing market? So not only did they know have a car note payment they had a higher insurance payment. Hey, but at least they got to drive around in a shiny new car. How about those people who did not get pulled into the frenzy and made better decisions and purchased used vehicles how did this impact them. All those Clunkers had to be Junked. Anyone remember their macroeconomic class? Law of supply and demand? The cost of used vehicles went up because the supply was less. Who benefited from this brain-child? Hhhmmm let's see? The car companies and the banks. Weren't they the ones we were bailing out?
There are so many other examples I could use where the current administration showed lack of common sense and disregard for the America people but I am not going to continue.
I do not think either party holds the answers to solve our problems with America today. The problem lies within both parties. The problem really is career politicians who only have their interest in mind. So the only solution I can see is ending career politicians. Sadly I cannot see us every doing that.
I think I got it all out of me. Or at least enough that I can sleep with out my brain going a mile a minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment